[GRASS-user] Re: Help with importing points and their attributes

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 26 09:30:16 EST 2010

M S wrote:
> Looking at mine, the only difference I see is that the name of the
> database is missing a ".db" extension.  Please let me know if that
> makes a difference.

For the sqlite driver, the database must be a file, not a directory. The
GRASS standard is sqlite.db I think. I would delete the folder sqlite
and reset the database connection either with

db.connect driver=sqlite database=$GISDBASE/$LOCATION_NAME/$MAPSET/sqlite.db

or hacking the VAR file (dangerous). In theory, GRASS should create a
new database if not existing.

Hope that helps,

Markus