[GRASS-user] Re: [GRASS-dev] Compiling r.example in LINUX

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Tue Jan 26 10:25:01 EST 2010

António Rocha wrote:

> The thing is that I went here:
> http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/trunk/doc/raster and I
> donwloaded the r.example that is there.
> At least I didn«t saw any information regarding GRASS version :(.
>
> Now I realize thatr the trunk relates with 7.0 version and in Branches I
> can find 6.4 version. :)
>
> Ok After I did this:
> sudo make -C Desktop/GRASS_dvp/r.example/
> MODULE_TOPDIR=/usr/local/grass-6.4.0svn
>
> Instead of putting r.example in /usr/local/grass-6.4.0svn my r.example
> was putted in
> /home/anrr/Downloads/grass-6.4.svn_src_snapshot_2010_01_16-2/dist.i686-pc-linux-gnu
> this is the path to my snapshot from which I installed grass-6.4.0svn.
> Shouldn't it be placed in usr/local/grass-6.4.0svn? Because altough it
> has been compiled it's not available to be used.

The *.make files continue to reflect the build directory; you'll need
to override certain other variables, e.g. GRASS_HOME and RUN_GISBASE.

There may be other issues; the ability to build modules outside of the
source tree against an installed version of GRASS is a relatively
recent feature, and may still have bugs.