[GRASS-user] r.stream.basins

stephen sefick sas0025 at auburn.edu
Thu Jan 28 16:22:01 EST 2010

I am having problems with r.stream basins.  I am trying to delineate
watersheds above GPSed points.  About half of the watersheds are being
delineated satisfactorily.  The others are very small sub watersheds
that are not the correct contributing areas.  I imagine that this is
because the point is not exactly on the stream?  I am using
r.watershed to produce the direction map and using a vector layer with
points GPSed in the field.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.
kind regards,

--
Stephen Sefick

Let's not spend our time and resources thinking about things that are
so little or so large that all they really do for us is puff us up and
make us feel like gods.  We are mammals, and have not exhausted the
annoying little problems of being mammals.

								-K. Mullis