[GRASS-user] GRASS scripts manual tab

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Thu Jan 28 20:23:29 EST 2010

António Rocha wrote:

> yes. That's right. If you have a description.html in the same folder as
> the script, Make will merge Module description with that html file and
> create the MANUAL tab.
> And that is the MODULE_TOPDIR
> Remember you will have to use SUDO and giver permission to run script
> file as a script (at least I have to do that).

That shouldn't be necessary. The script just needs execute permission,
which can be set by the script's owner.

On a single-user system, there isn't any particular need to even
install GRASS. You can either just run bin.<arch>/grass64 directly, or
manually install it into e.g. /usr/local/bin if you want to avoid
having to type the full path.

The latest "installed" copy of GRASS on my machine is dated
Jun 13 2009. That was probably only done to check that "make install"
still worked.