[GRASS-user] GRASS scripts manual tab

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Thu Jan 28 19:49:10 EST 2010

Franz Schiller wrote:

> But if I just "write" a script a put it in /Scripts/ I will have to create a
> HTML page and put it   in $GISBASE/docs/html/<scriptname>.html in order to
> have a manual right?

Right.

> Regarding Built Scripts using GRASS makefiles, the structure would be
> something like this?
>
> MODULE_TOPDIR = ../..
> PGM = <SCRIPT NAME>
> include $(MODULE_TOPDIR)/include/Make/Script.make
> default: script

Right.

If you do this, the HTML file should be named description.html (in
6.x) or <scriptname>.html (in 7.0), and shouldn't have the initial
Those will be added by the commands for the "script" target, along
with the descriptions for the options and a footer.

Any .jpg or .png files in the directory will also be installed to the
docs/html directory. On Windows, a batch file will also be created. In
7.0, an nroff manual page will be generated at the same time as the
HTML (in 6.x, these are all generated in a separate step at the end of
the build process).

See (almost) any of the existing scripts for reference (a few of them
are more complex, installing additional scripts or data files).