[GRASS-user] Re: grass environment script

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Sun Jan 31 07:49:29 EST 2010

maven apache wrote:

> In fact , I wonder if I can set the variables in the .grassrc to the path,
> then I can work without the .grassrc?

No.

> $HOME/.grassrc6s tores the GRASS variables (but not environment variables)Note
> this, is there any differences between grass variables and envrionment
> viriables?

Yes, there's quite a lot of difference between them.

Environment variables are implemented by the operating system. Each
process has its own set of environment variables, which are inherited
from its parent.

GRASS variables are implemented by the GRASS libraries, and stored in
the file referenced by the GISRC environment variable.