[GRASS-user] Developing GRASS scritps in C language

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Jul 7 10:02:11 EDT 2010

On Wed, 7 Jul 2010, rabotin wrote:

> since several years I developed my own scripts in shell languages (linux)
> for GRASS 6.4. Now, I want to develop my future scripts in C language
> (because it's more convenient than shell language), but the beginning is
> quite difficult.

Michael,

   Seriously consider learning and using Python. Not only is Python replacing
shell scripts within GRASS, but it has extensive scientific and numeric
support that eliminates re-inventing the wheel.

   It's not a difficult transition from C once you get used to code blocks
being defined by indentation and space rather than semi-colons. :-)

Rich