[GRASS-user] v.in.gpsbabel-3

Bulent Arikan bulent.arikan at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 14:00:19 EDT 2010

Thanks for all the replies. It seems that I forgot to specify the format (
_txt) in the Required tab. So, it fixed the problem and now I can import all
the waypoints and tracks. However, I am puzzled with one detail. As I
mentioned:

- I set my GPS unit to record measurements in UTM,

- the text file prepared by GPS Babel has header showing UTM as projection,

- even if I specify the projection parameter according to PROJ.4 in the
Required tab of the module,

the attribute tables for the resultant waypoint and track vector files are
in lat/long format. How can this happen? I never work with lat/long.

BÜLENT