[GRASS-user] Arc Binary coverages- arggg!

Mark Seibel mseibel at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 09:10:01 EDT 2010

Much to my delight, v.in.ogr reads the binary arc coverages.  I copied
over the directory (which is the coverage name) and the info directory
to a place on the Linux machine which has GRASS installed.  (not sure
if the 'info' directory is needed, but it did preserve attributes).

For the OGR datasource name, I pointed it to the "arc.adf" file, and
it imported the coverage as a GRASS vector with points, lines and
polygon features.  Attributes also preserved.

Please let me know if you have any issues with this.  First time I
tried this, and great to know it can read the binary coverages.

Mark