[GRASS-user] Beginner (Mac): How do I display a raster in Map Display window using line commands

Etienne DELAY (deust 2010) etienne.delay at etu.unilim.fr
Wed Jul 14 03:25:29 EDT 2010

Hamish,
> Ahhh, yes I did try using an X-monitor earlier. It worked for raster display as you suggest. But when I tried to use "zoom" commands, I found that my Kensington Orbit trackball would not release the cursor to finish selecting the zoom area. Do I have to change the behavior of my right and left buttons?
>
> I suspect I will have to create my map exercises twice: once in X-monitor to learn about line commands, and again in the GUI to create the actual map and have more control over layers. Is this the type of difficulty I should expect from GRASS on a Mac?
>
> Thanks.

Hi Syncrasy,
I work on a Mac and I found an alternative, I do background work on
GRASS, but once I want to do the layout, I go into Qgis to directly
integrate the work of grass ...

--
Cordialement

Etienne DELAY
Deust "Webmaster et gest. d'intranet" (IDSkype : etienne.delay.tic)
Master IUP "valorisation du patrimoine et aménagement du territoire"