[GRASS-user] get coords from a raster

Margherita Di Leo diregola at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 12:17:40 EDT 2010

Hi List,

I'm trying to make a script to calculate the slope along a path. I want to
calculate the slope as the average of cell per cell slope. For my purpose I
found r.profile to produce the input file for my script, but I have to give
it the coordinates of the points. As I have a raster and not a vector, I was
wondering if is there a non interactive way like a d.where or something like
that, that i can use for my purpose. I mean, i have a raster in which there
is the path i'm interested in, and the other cells are null.

Thank you in advance

Margherita