[GRASS-user] Re: Importing Dems with r.in.xyz

Hanlie Pretorius hanlie.pretorius at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 07:22:40 EDT 2010

2010/6/7, Markus Metz <markus.metz.giswork at googlemail.com>:
>> g.region -p
> north:      -49312.5
> south:      -74587.5
> west:       -3015862.5
> east:       -2987512.5
> nsres:      25
> ewres:      25
> rows:       1011
> cols:       1134
> cells:      1146474
>

> From the region settings you posted previously, I assume that the 1.
> column is north and the 2. is east, so:
>> r.in.xyz input=2728AB.ort.grass output=2728AB.ort fs=, x=2 y=1
> r.in.xyz complete. 1146370 points found in region.
>
>> r.univar map=2728AB.ort
> total null and non-null cells: 1146474
> total null cells: 104
> Of the non-null cells:
> ----------------------
> n: 1146370
> minimum: 1473.52
> maximum: 1618.85
> range: 145.33
> mean: 1519.76
> mean of absolute values: 1519.76
> standard deviation: 26.6106
> variance: 708.125
> variation coefficient: 1.75098 %
> sum: 1742202717.5849609375
>
> Everything looks ok.
>
> Markus M

Ahh, you have found the error. In fact, the columns should not be
swopped, the region specifications should. I've retried the import and
it works now despite the missing data and the DEM sits in the right
place compared to the rest of my data. Thanks for everyone's help and
my apologies for the confusion.

Our national projection swops X and Y and reverses the direction of
the positive coordinates, so it can get very confusing.

Hanlie