[GRASS-user] v.what.rast with centroids

Achim Kisseler ak7 at jupiter.uni-freiburg.de
Fri Jun 11 02:45:19 EDT 2010

Hi Dave,

what I did in this case, was, as you said, to convert the centroids to
points and then run v.what.rast.

One possibility to get the information to your table:
1- Convert the polygons (the categories) to raster with r.to.vect.
2- Do a v.what.rast with this "raster-area" map.
3- Make a table update and use 2- for identifying the right items.

I hope you like it,
Achim