[GRASS-user] Using addon: r.seg

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Sun Jun 13 12:48:55 EDT 2010

katrin eggert wrote:
> Last week someone mentioned at this mailing list the r.seg segmentation
> from here: http://www.ing.unitn.it/~grass/)
> I have contacted the author but he didn't replied. Have anyone ever used?
> or know someone that have used? :)

I've came across 2 problems:

  1. I can't get in installed (using grass64 from svn). The compilation seems
to run fine (so it should be usable) but after that, when I try to "sudo make
install" I get the error:

"make: *** No rule to make target `install'.  Stop."

  2. Running the compiled grass64 (which contains the compiled r.seg) and
trying to test r.seg gives this error:

"r.seg in_g=mod07_b2 in_u_z=mod07_b2 out=mod07_b2_seg out_u=mod07_b2_seg_u
out_z=mod07_b2_seg_z"

I think (after reading the details in the respective presentation) these
inputs and defined outputs should be enough for the module to run. No luck
though.

Nikos