[GRASS-user] Import, project

Mark Seibel mseibel at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 15:40:47 EDT 2010

> 2) how to import+project a e00-rasterfile into the same database (containing
> rasterpoints 1kmx1km, each with one scalar property)

This solution may not help if ESRI software is inaccessible, but
perhaps the maintainer of the .e00 data can do this conversion for
you.  I verified it does work (I cant locate how to import a raster
.e00).  The raster ascii .e00 uses different formatting than an export
from ArcToolbox using "Raster to ASCII".  I imported a raster .e00 in
ArcToolbox to an arc/info GRID, then exported it to an ASCII file with
the ArcCatalog tool "Raster to ASCII".  This exported raster ASCII
data can be directly imported into GRASS with the r.in.arc module.

I also noticed that if you tail the last portion of the raster .e00
file ($ tail -n 50 someFile.e00), you can see the projection
definition information, which helps to setup the right location in
GRASS for importing.  Note: you will only see the definition if a user
applied the definition.

Apologies in advance for a non-open source solution, but I hope can
help if there are no other options.

Mark