[GRASS-user] Automatic import ?

stn stneumann at web.de
Sat Jun 19 13:55:00 EDT 2010

Hi,

is there a way to get grass to import geodata without creating a location
first? Grass will not start unless the location is already there or is
created in the GUI.

What I mean is:
how can I write a script that will create a new location using projection
and extent from an existing file with geodata and then import that file to
that location? So that when starting grass the location and the data are
already there.

This should be possible with no more than 2 commands (one for create and one
for import) but I have no idea how to get grass to run the commands without
starting it first.

TIA
stn