[GRASS-user] Automatic import ?

stn stneumann at web.de
Sun Jun 20 17:13:08 EDT 2010

2010/6/19 Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com>
Hi,

> start GRASS with some location, using
> v.in.ogr location=<newlocation> ...
>
> you can create new location based on imported data and import data
> into the new location in one command.

Hi all, hi Martin,

thank you, that worked on Ubuntu 10.04 with GRASS GIS 6.4.0RC5+39438.

Except for something strange. As said before the idea was to import+create
location by a script. So I made a linux shell-script that does this:

echo "v.in.ogr dsn=mydata.shp location=import output='mydata'
min_area=0.0001 snap=-1" | grass -text "$GISDATEN/tmplocation/PERMANENT"

That works in principle and automatically imports the data from the
shapefile into location 'import'. Unfortunately only partially. One third of
the polygons gets imported, the rest is missing.

I also started grass with gui, selected "tmplocation" and the on the
commandline entered exactly the command used above (v.in.ogr dsn=mydata.shp
location=import output='mydata' min_area=0.0001 snap=-1). Then all the
objects get imported correctly.

What is that?

THX, stn