[GRASS-user] R-GDAL incompatible libraries

Νίκος Νίκος
Mon Mar 1 13:35:19 EST 2010

Kim Besson:
> I have just installed R, spgrass6, rgdal into my Ubuntun installation.
> While I was running an example from GRASS book I got this error
> > precip30n <- readVECT6("precip_30ynormals", ignore.stderr=TRUE)

> ERROR: Incompatible library version for module. You need to rebuild
> GRASS
>        or untangle multiple installations.

> Where can I find an identification of the correct libraries versions.

> Thank you
> Kim

Hi Kim!

Did you install grass from source? Did you install R, spgrass6 from
source?

- If you have installed grass from source, then try to rebuild grass
(after having installed R and the rest).

- If you have grass from the ubuntu repositories, the you should
probably stick with R and the rest from the repositories as well. If the
latter is the case and it does not work, then there is a problem.

Tell us a bit more...

Nikos