[GRASS-user] Terrain Curve Values

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 2 03:51:00 EST 2010

Rich wrote:
>   Just to confirm: the curve
> output from r.slope.aspect is positive when the
> curve is convex and negative when the curve is concave.
> Correct?
>
>   There's nothing on the man page about this. Perhaps
> a sentence could be
> added.

please run an experiment after creating a pseudo surface with
r.surf.volcano (wiki addons) using the gaussian method, and report
back to us. Then we can add the confirmed answer to the help page.

suggestions for pseudo DEM:  (after r.sun wiki page)
  r.surf.volcano out=gauss method=gaussian kurtosis=1

regards,
Hamish