[GRASS-user] grass env

maven apache apachemaven0 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 06:05:45 EST 2010

Hi:
I have post this problem before, I want to run grass in command line model
so I can call them in java at that time,however it often cause some
unexpeced errors.
So today I change to Ubuntu, and I install grass use sudo apt-get install
grass.

Now I also want to call grass in my java code but in the Ubuntu platform, I
want to know which environment variables are needed, so I  did some tests.
First I run grass in text model in the ternimal by " grass -text",
and I chose the location and mapset,it works, then I use command "set >
/home/kk/var" to get all the environment variablse using by grass ,then I
open a new ternimal to get the normal env vars by " set > /home/kk/varn" .
Then  I compare the two files and tried to find the differences. I found
that there are more variables in the varn rather than var (shown below):
-----------
GISBASE=/usr/lib/grass64
GISRC=/tmp/grass6-kk-9581/gisrc
GIS_LOCK=9581
GRASS_GNUPLOT='gnuplot -persist'
GRASS_HTML_BROWSER=x-www-browser
GRASS_LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/grass64/lib
GRASS_PAGER=pager
GRASS_PERL=/usr/bin/perl
GRASS_PROJSHARE=/usr/share/proj
GRASS_PYTHON=python