[GRASS-user] r.cost - extra output needed

António M . Rodrigues amrodrigues at fcsh.unl.pt
Wed Mar 10 13:32:58 EST 2010

I found a scipt that output catcment areas, which is based on r.walk (from Isaac Ullah' page). The
problem is that r.walk requires a DEM as input.

The only friction/cost information I have is based on travel speed, not as a function of elevation.

Does someone know of any script based on r.cost which outputs an accessibility AND an allocation
grid?

Alternatively, can anyone give me some clues on how to write such script? I'm guessing it should not
be too dificult, because for r.cost to calculate distances, it must "lnow" which is the nearest target.

Thanks,
António

----------
On Mar 9, 2010, at 4:36 PM, António M. Rodrigues wrote:

Dear users,

I'm using r.cost to calculate time distances based on friction calculated using a road network and
some other information.

>From what I understant, r.cost only outputs "accessbility" surfaces. The problem is I also need the
identity of the nearest target (catchment areas or allocation surfaces or some other way you whish to
call it).

How could I achieve this?

Thanks in advance.
grass-user mailing list