[GRASS-user] Using Overlay

Giovanni Pasini jynxtor at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 07:55:19 EDT 2010

Il giorno Wed, 17 Mar 2010 07:42:39 -0400
Andrew Lewin <andrew.lewin a sympatico.ca> ha scritto:

> Hi All,
>
> I would like to calculate a value of one layer within an area of
> another raster.  For instance, I have a precipitation raster layer
> that I would like to calculate the median value within each state.
> v.rast.stats doesn't calculate the median value and neither does
> v.univar.

from v.rast.stats DESCRIPTION:

Nine columns are generated (n, min, max, range, mean, stddev, variance,
coeff_var, sum) according to the output of r.univar.

BUT

If the -e extended statistics flag is given the 1st quartile, median,
3rd quartile, and given percentile are also calculated.

I'm wrong?