[GRASS-user] Large File Support (LFS)

John Tate john.tate at ntlworld.com
Sat Mar 20 11:37:19 EDT 2010

Hi,

I complied and installed grass6.4 with large file support (ubuntu9.10 on a
32bit machine). All went well with no errors. I ran my lidar script to test
it, and straight away failed on the 3.4Gb ascii file import with r.in.xyz to
get stats. I tried a 500Mb file and it was fine.

I found this: http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/Large_File_support

and guess that is I why I never had a problem on my 64bit machine.

What is the current state over this issue? Is there an easy fix (considering I
am still relatively new to linux), or do I have to wait for the completion of
the wish list on the wiki? What are the likely timescales? Is this an issue
with grass7 also?

Cheers

John