[GRASS-user] Re: v.to.rast multiple points per pixel

Gary Nobles garynobles at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 20 15:24:15 EDT 2010

ok, so

v.out.ascii input=BonesVect output=bones_temp.asc

r.in.xyz input=bones_temp.asc output=BonesRast method=sum x=1 y=2 z=3

However i need to specify a column for x and y (z=Count column)

How do I create a new column in my database of x and y values? Is there an
automatic way, I vaguely remember something about it v.report?

Also I have never tried pipeing is it something like this:

v.out.ascii input=BonesVect output=bones_temp.asc | r.in.xyz
input=bones_temp.asc output=BonesRast method=sum x=1 y=2 z=3

Thanks again

Gary