[GRASS-user] Osgeo4W grass error

Pablo Carreira pablotcarreira at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 22 15:09:16 EDT 2010

Hi Milena,

It works,
but as reported on ticket 1022 it can't write to c:\
(it's a windows restriction?).

look at the tests:

Test 1:

v.out.ogr input=areas_recuperacao_trabalhado at geral dsn=c:\temp\teste.shp
The map contains islands. To preserve them in the output map, use the -c flag
Vector map <areas_recuperacao_trabalhado at geral> is 3D. Use format specific layer creation options (parameter 'lco') to export in 3D rather than 2D (default)
131 centroid(s) found, but not requested to be exported. Verify 'type' parameter.
Exporting 564 points/lines...
484 features written
91 features without category were written
272 features without attributes were written
(Mon Mar 22 15:54:17 2010) Comando terminado (1 sec)

then I had opened the shp in qgis and the dbf in OO, everithing is ok.

Test 2:

v.out.ogr input=areas_recuperacao_trabalhado at geral dsn=c:\teste.shp
ERROR 1: Failed to create file .shp file.
ERROR 4: Failed to open Shapefile `c:\teste.shp'.
The map contains islands. To preserve them in the output map, use the -c flag
Vector map <areas_recuperacao_trabalhado at geral> is 3D. Use format specific layer creation options (parameter 'lco') to export in 3D rather than 2D (default)
ERROR: Unable to create OGR layer
(Mon Mar 22 16:00:05 2010) Comando terminado (0 sec)

Regards,
 Pablo.