[GRASS-user] OS MasterMap to GRASS

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 24 09:23:48 EDT 2010

David  wrote:
> it works! well almost...
> Thanks, I worked through each tile returned from MasterMap
> using v.in.ogr I now have a number of separate vector
> layers making up my map. No labels or colours - is this
> right?

depends on what OGR knows. bug generally that is not entirely unexpected.
You can add those things back with v.colors and the various v.db.*
modules for label attributes.  (without knowing the format I'm just
guessing)

If OGR doesn't already, it would be nice if one day it did pass those as
attributes so GRASS could pick them up.

> Can I combine tiles to a single layer or is this not advised?

if you like. see v.patch. of course it is easier to work with 100mb
files than 2gb files...

> Looking forward to linking with R where I do know what I'm doing!

if you haven't already found it:
  http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/R_statistics

Hamish