[GRASS-user] problem cut paste commands under MSYS

Milton Cezar Ribeiro miltinho.astronauta at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 18:01:57 EDT 2010

Dear R-gurus,

a friend of mine sent this message yesterday to the grass-list,
but as she is not sure if you received it, I am just
forwarding.

Cheers

milton
-----

From: *Ilona Naujokaitis-Lewis* <ilona.naujo.lewis at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 1:17 PM
Subject: problem cut paste
To: grass-user at lists.osgeo.org

Dear GRASS Users,

I am new to GRASS and have installed the following version:
WinGRASS-6.4.0RC6-1 2010
I am using the wxPython GUI and a MSYS UNIX terminal on Windows XP
professional 32-bit machine.

After I first installed GRASS, I ran some functions in part by cutting and
pasting from a script using a text editor. The second time that I opened a
new GRASS session, I was (and continue to be) unable to cut and paste using
the standard keys on a PC: CTRL-X, -C, -V. The problem is not present in
other programs where these CTRL functions generally work. I can type
commands within the GRASS command line window and the commands are run,
however if I attempt to copy and paste from a text editor to the GRASS
command line the following results:

"GRASS 6.4>  ^V"

I would greatly appreciate any help.

--