[GRASS-user] v.out.ogr and region

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Mon May 10 13:44:44 EDT 2010

António Rocha wrote:

> Greetings
> I'm exporting data from GRASS to Gtif and Shapefiles. While r.out.gdal
> obays my Region definition v.out.org no. It exports all extent not the
> specified region. Wasn't it suppose to export only for defined region?

No, AFAIK, none of the v.in.* nor v.out.* are limited to the region.
If you want to easily export only vector features within the region, one
approach could be:
#create a polygon vector of current region
v.in.region out=cur_region
#select overlayed features
v.select ain=<your_vector> bin=cur_region out=vector_in_region
#then export
v.out.ogr ...

> Thanks

> signature database 5102 (20100510) __________