[GRASS-user] Importing Landsat images with different coordinates

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Mon May 17 19:27:33 EDT 2010

Jenny Turner wrote:
> I need to import Landsat images (r.in.gdal) to my location but, my Landsat
> images are in a specific Coordinate system (WGS84) that is different from
> mine. Could anyone explain me (briefly ) the steps to import this images?

(There is also a within-grass solution)

It is possible to import the Landsat images in a location using "their"
coordinate system (it might be useful to use this location later to export
material to the same "source" coordinate system). After importing them,
reproject (r.proj) the images to the location of your interest (e.g. in a
wgs84-defined location).

Nikos