[GRASS-user] Problem importing vector

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at googlemail.com
Tue May 18 04:32:45 EDT 2010

Kurt Springs wrote:
> I am having a problem importing a vector from a shape file.
>
> I am am running:
>
> v.in.ogr -o -e dsn=/Users/kurtsprings/grassdata/NED/03604870/03604870.shp output=steam_water min_area=0.0001 snap=-1 --overwrite
>
> The message I get is:
>
> Over-riding projection check
> DBMI-SQLite driver error:
> Unable to open database: unable to open database file
> Unable to open database </Users/kurtsprings/grassdata/NH-UTM/PERMANENT/sqlite/> by driver <sqlite>
>
> Unable open database </Users/kurtsprings/grassdata/NH-UTM/PERMANENT/sqlite/> by driver <sqlite>

</Users/kurtsprings/grassdata/NH-UTM/PERMANENT/sqlite/> is a
directory, not a file. For sqlite, the database must be a file, e.g.
sqlite.db. For dbf, the database must be a directory, e.g. dbf/

db.connect driver=sqlite database="$GISDBASE/$LOCATION_NAME/$MAPSET/sqlite.db"

should fix it, check with db.connect -p, the result should be
driver:sqlite
database:$GISDBASE/$LOCATION_NAME/$MAPSET/sqlite.db

Markus M