[GRASS-user] GRASS Script for importing data with different source_coordinates/projection

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Tue May 18 08:06:53 EDT 2010

Jenny wrote:
> This almost a follow-up from a previous message that I sent regarding
> Landsat-7 image importing.
> I need to develop a script to import images from
> multi-SOURCE_COORDINATE_SYSTEM to defined target_COORDINATE_SYSTEM
> (WGS84). Since my input images come from different UTM zones it won't be
> possible to import images using a pre-defined gdalwarp command to convert
> coordinate/projection systems, since source coordinates are more than one.
> Firman made suggestion of using a GRASS Script to read header and get
> coordinate system.Has anyone developed something similar to this?

It is my understanding that gdalwarp will use the embedded source SRS
if it is present, and so all you need to specify is the -t_srs option
which does not change. -s_srs is only used if the source coord ref.
system either doesn't exist in the data or if you want to override it.

Is this not the case?

Hamish