[GRASS-user] GRASS sites file

Luisa Peña luisapena1979 at gmail.com
Tue May 18 11:20:17 EDT 2010

Greetings

I'm a ORFEO TOolbox user and I realized, through a few messages from Antonio
and Hamish, that GRASS has an addon module, called i.pr, that performs a few
classification methodologies.

The i.pr.training uses a interactive (based on Xterminals) and a
non-interactive based on (citing Description)
The second option for generating the training sample file can be done
non-interactively. This is done by specifying a GRASS sites file. This file
should represent the locations of training samples and ought to have been
previously generated either by digitising
(*v.digit<file:///C:/Data/GISDataBase/i.pr/i.pr_training/v.digit>
*) or else by *v.in.ascii<file:///C:/Data/GISDataBase/i.pr/i.pr_training/v.in.ascii>
*. Features will be extracted for these locations in a similar fashion as
previously described. The class will be assigned to the examples based on
the information stored in the sites file.

What is a GRASS sites file? How can I obtain this?

Thanks

best regards,
Luisa