[GRASS-user] GRASS sites file

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at googlemail.com
Fri May 21 03:01:47 EDT 2010

Luisa Peña wrote:
> Yes you are absolutely right. It seems to work...
> Where can I find this?
> "here is a "cheap" coding option which supports the old sites API while
> using new vector points maps. I don't know if these modules use that
> or not. The real solution is to make them use the new vector API (not
> so hard, documented into the wiki somewhere?)."

The old sites API is deprecated. It does not allow modules to handle
old GRASS sites, instead a regular GRASS 6 vector with points is
required for the sites API in GRASS 6. Any module still using this old
sites API works just fine in GRASS 6 with a GRASS 6 vector. The i.pr
modules still use this API and should be updated, but that does not
mean that the i.pr modules need an old GRASS sites vector, instead
i.pr.training needs a regular GRASS 6 vector with points.

In short, as far as vector input for non-interactive i.pr.training is
concerned, the module should work just fine as is in GRASS 6.