[GRASS-user] Re: Trying python scripts.

Marcello Gorini gorini at gmail.com
Fri May 28 07:23:58 EDT 2010

Nikos Alexandris wrote:

> Marcello Gorini wrote:
>> Thanks for the try. I tested it again with other rasters, but I got the
>> same error. Could it possibly be something related to the 64bits
>> architecture?
>
> I don't think so. I work with Kubuntu Lucid 64 bit :-)
>
>> Or could GRASS be sending the outcome somewhere else?
>
> Negative. You are running the script from within a grass-session (as you
> wrote
> in the first post). Let's try to take this step by step. What is the
> result of
> each of the following commands:
>
> ls -l myscript.py
> g.gisenv
> g.region -p
> r.info map1
> r.info map2
>
>> Well, I guess that eventually I will go around this problem or even bump
>> into the solution, but the most important thing to say is that I
>> appreciated the effort and that it was a very good reception to this
>> list.
>
> Bah... it was only me trying to not forget the basics with python scripts.
> You will get better and more precise replies from other advanced users and
> developers.
>
>> Thank you very much Nikos. And thank you also for the explanations with
>> respect to the right way to answer posts. I will do my best to make my
>> posts as clean and explanatory as possible.
>
> You are warned, you might get yourself into trouble ;-p
> Cheers, Nikos

OK, thank you, so let's go step by step:
ls -l myscript.py
result:
-rwxr-xr-x 1 marcello marcello 1227 2010-05-28 08:13 myscript.py

g.gisenv
result:
GISDBASE=/home/marcello/grassdata
LOCATION_NAME=Ocean_floor
MAPSET=level4
MONITOR=x0
GRASS_GUI=tcltk

g.region -p
result:
projection: 99 (Mercator)
zone:       0
datum:      wgs84
ellipsoid:  wgs84
north:      3947900
south:      3633400
west:       -7366700
east:       -7022600
nsres:      3700
ewres:      3700
rows:       85
cols:       93
cells:      7905

r.info map1
result:
 | Layer:    map1                           Date: Thu May 27 18:48:30 2010
|
 | Mapset:   level4                         Login of Creator: marcello
|
 | Location: Ocean_floor
|
 | DataBase: /home/marcello/grassdata
|
 | Title:     ( topmod )
|
 | Timestamp: none

 |   Type of Map:  raster               Number of Categories: 255
|
 |   Data Type:    FCELL
|
 |   Rows:         1177
|
 |   Columns:      1388
|
 |   Total Cells:  1633676
|
 |        Projection: Mercator
|
 |            N:    6358450    S:    2003550   Res:  3700
|
 |            E:   -3920150    W:   -9055750   Res:  3700
|
 |   Range of data:    min = 0.000000  max = 10000.000000
|

 |   Data Description:
|
 |    generated by r.mapcalc
|

 |   Comments:
|
 |    if(topmod > 0, 0, -topmod)

r.info map2
result:
 | Layer:    map2                           Date: Thu May 27 18:49:29 2010
|
 | Mapset:   level4                         Login of Creator: marcello
|
 | Location: Ocean_floor
|
 | DataBase: /home/marcello/grassdata
|
 | Title:     ( topmod2 )
|
 | Timestamp: none

 |   Type of Map:  raster               Number of Categories: 255
|
 |   Data Type:    FCELL
|
 |   Rows:         1177
|
 |   Columns:      1388
|
 |   Total Cells:  1633676
|
 |        Projection: Mercator
|
 |            N:    6358450    S:    2003550   Res:  3700
|
 |            E:   -3920150    W:   -9055750   Res:  3700
|
 |   Range of data:    min = 1000.000000  max = 1000.000000
|

 |   Data Description:
|
 |    generated by r.mapcalc
|

 |   Comments:
|
 |    if(topmod > -2, 1000, topmod)