[GRASS-user] Re: Trying python scripts.

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Thu May 27 21:42:56 EDT 2010

Marcello Gorini wrote:
> Thanks for the try. I tested it again with other rasters, but I got the
> same error. Could it possibly be something related to the 64bits
> architecture?

I don't think so. I work with Kubuntu Lucid 64 bit :-)

> Or could GRASS be sending the outcome somewhere else?

Negative. You are running the script from within a grass-session (as you wrote
in the first post). Let's try to take this step by step. What is the result of
each of the following commands:

ls -l myscript.py
g.gisenv
g.region -p
r.info map1
r.info map2

> Well, I guess that eventually I will go around this problem or even bump
> into the solution, but the most important thing to say is that I
> appreciated the effort and that it was a very good reception to this list.

Bah... it was only me trying to not forget the basics with python scripts.
You will get better and more precise replies from other advanced users and
developers.

> Thank you very much Nikos. And thank you also for the explanations with
> respect to the right way to answer posts. I will do my best to make my
> posts as clean and explanatory as possible.

You are warned, you might get yourself into trouble ;-p
Cheers, Nikos