[GRASS-user] Language of installed manual

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Mon May 31 14:57:12 EDT 2010

Hi Luigi,

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 4:49 PM, Luigi Ponti <lponti at inbox.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I could not find any further reply to this, and I just would like to mention
> that the problem (mixed languages in manual pages when installing wingrass
> from http://josef.fsv.cvut.cz/wingrass/grass64/) is gone as of
> WinGRASS-6.4.SVN-r42329-1-Setup.exe.

Yes, a known problem and Martin didn't manage to convince Windows to
speak English when running the virtual session during compilation for
the creation of the manual pages...

Luigi wrote:
> On 19/02/2010 16:33, Martin Landa wrote:
>> The default locale is "C", which behaves the same as if no locale is
>> set (i.e. no call to setlocale()).
>>
>> LC_ALL takes precedence over the individual LC_* variables and LANG,
>> so you may need to use:
>>
>>        export LC_ALL=C
>>

>> I have already tried to put `LC_ALL=C` to package.sh and recompile
>> GRASS, but it didn't seem to help (module --interface-description
>> still returns localized text).
>>
>> Martin
>

> Thanks Martin. Just to detail further my report, in case it is useful (sorry
> if redundant):
> You can see there is English description plus some Italian text depending on
> how far the translator got. It is the same text I get in the g.parser GUI
> when invoking r.colors without arguments. I think this is fine since I have
> an Italian locale. However, the HTML manual page of r.colors is a partial
> Czech translation.

... which is "fine" in the same way since Martin has a CZ Windows box.

@devs,Martin: I wonder if LC_ALL=C could be enforced in

 include/Make/Html.make
?

Markus