[GRASS-user] d.rast.arrows in high quality plot

Nicolas Pérenne nicolas.perenne at free.fr
Tue Nov 2 18:26:01 EDT 2010

Hi Niklas,

Same for me: the PNG driver draws thinner and thinner arrows when you
increase the resolution. If you lower the resolution it's okay though.

If you do need such a high resolution (for a poster?), you might try the
CAIRO driver (g.manual displaydrivers) which behaves quite differently
when producing PNGs. Arrows are drawn with a thicker pen indeed (even at
high pixel resolution) but you might be surprised by the raster
rendering... and files get very large.

Nicolas