[GRASS-user] Re: Need some help in converting a contour map to DEM map...

Achim Kisseler ak7 at jupiter.uni-freiburg.de
Wed Nov 10 02:56:43 EST 2010

Hi Nikhil,

 > And one more thing is
 > that how have you converted the height to integer please give me
details of
 > this too. I am really very thankful for your time and effort.

There are many ways. For example like Micha said:
--%<--
I'm including a mapset "bombay" with the contour vecto, the contour
raster and the resulting dem.
Like Achim said, first you must convert the HEIGHT column to integer (I
did this with Openoffice Calc).
--%<--
here he means the dbf-file

or you change the table after imported
(using SQL)

> I think the output you got is correct. But when i try to change the
> resolution (eg: 0:00:01) in the g.region resolution tab(GRID resolution 2D
> both north-south and east-west), it gives an error saying :ERROR: Invalid
> input<res=0:00:01>". Am i doing something wrong???.

check your projection units (g.proj -p)
and your region (g.region -p)

Regards,
Achim