[GRASS-user] raster data output

Steve Wangen i.blue442 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 10:23:52 EST 2010

Hello list -
There may be a simple solution to my problem, but I'm a bit new to
grass and haven't been able to track it down yet, so I was wondering
if anyone had suggestions. I'm trying to output the cell contents of
multiple rasters into a single table that I can save to a file with
the desired result looking like this:

x-coord     y-coord     raster1     raster2     raster3     ...
    0              0              1             2            3         ...
    0              1              0             1            2         ...
    0              2              0             0            1         ...
etc...

with the idea of doing some time series analyses, where the subsequent
rasters are different time steps. Ideally this would come out as one
table that I could then import into R for analysis. I've had a bit of
luck outputing the result of r.stats -x to a file using some bash
scripting and then combining all those files manually, but it seems
there would be an easier solution.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

-Steve