[GRASS-user] Re:Using v.colors in WinGRASS

Luisa Peña luisapena1979 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 10:33:14 EST 2010

Hi
Ok here it goes.
1- I needed to remove .py from v.colors and v.db.addcolumn scripts in order
to run them in GRASS6.4.0.
2- v.info teste12
(...)
 |   Type of Map:  vector (level: 2)
 |

 |   Number of points:       0               Number of areas:      87
  |
 |   Number of lines:        0               Number of islands:    28
  |
 |   Number of boundaries:   164             Number of faces:      0
 |
 |   Number of centroids:    87              Number of kernels:    0
 |

 |   Map is 3D:              No
  |
 |   Number of dblinks:      1
 |

 |         Projection: Universal Transverse Mercator (zone 0)
  |
 |               N:    9332730.901707    S:    9315930.306024
  |
 |               E:     657285.028897    W:     631785.609702
  |

 |   Digitization threshold: 0
 |
 |   Comments:

3- If I select an area I get this info:
East: 638957.32135
North: 9327883.257322
Map: teste12
Mapset: Regional
Type: Centroid
Id: 201
Layer: 1
Category: 2
Driver: dbf
Database: C:\ISdata/Brazil/Regional/dbf/
Table: teste12
Key column: cat
cat : 2
label :

4- then I did:
v.colors map=teste12 at Regional column=cat color=aspect

And I got:
ERROR: Column <cat> is not numeric
This is weird because, I get CATEGORY values.

5- Then I decided to add GRASSRGB column like this
v.db.addcolumn map=teste11 at Regional columns=GRASSRGB varchar(11)

and I got the following error
-: No such file or directory
ERROR: Unable to add column <GRASSRGB varchar(11)>.

Can anybody give me an hand on this?
Thanks