[GRASS-user] r.shaded.relief-spgrass6 problems

Brian Oney zenlines at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 21:08:00 EST 2010

Hi Chris,
no I didn't know that. I have my environment as such:
the initiation of the GRASS-R interface is as such:

initGRASS("C:/Program Files (x86)/GRASS-65-SVN", home=tempdir(),
gisDbase=gisDbase, location="VPH_PC", mapset=paste("Maps",sep=""),
override=T)
So the PATH should be "C:/Program Files (x86)/GRASS-65-SVN"

Could the space in "Program Files (x86)" be causing the problem?

execGRASS("g.gisenv")
GISDBASE='D:/GIS Database/';
LOCATION_NAME='VPH_PC';
MAPSET='Maps';
GRASS_GUI='text';

When looking at the r.shaded.relief script, I find no error to be
returned the say anything about an operand.

One parses when one messes with grass when it is calculating:
    g.message -e "In calculation, script aborted."

Another:
    g.message -e  "Map <$elev> not found."
and:
     g.message -e "Input elevation map and output relief map must have
different names"

hmm.... As I said GRASS carries out the command just fine. This may be a
problem with the XML package (a dependency of the spgrass6 package) or
spgrass6 package in that R halts the computation because it thinks that
GRASS is sending them an error. This post may belong in the grass-stats
list.

Thank you for the help and no reason to be sorry.

Regards,
Brian