Fwd: [GRASS-user] i.gensig comment- Signature 1 not positive definite

Nick Jachowski njachowski at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 12:54:15 EST 2010

I had this same error message sometime in the past few weeks, and I can't
remember exactly what I did, but it was one of the following:

1) Data has to be transformed to 0-255 positive integers
2) You need to apply a mask to the null values
3) Possibly your training area is not large enough

This is skirting your question a bit, as I can't tell you what the error
message means.  But hopefully you can find your way around the problem with
one of the above steps!  And, if you figure it out please let me know so I
can write it down this time...

Best of luck,
Nick