[GRASS-user] v.rast.stats over a large vector file

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 28 16:45:39 EST 2010

Martin wrote:
> please spend your time rather on pythonization of existing bash scripts.

even if no one else does, I will volunteer as I can to maintain the old shell
scripts for GRASS 6.x -- I'd rather fix one small bug on one line than
throw it all out and rewrite something that was already mature and well
field tested. I think it's a bit of a false dichotomy to say that even
if all new scripts are in python that we will abandon maintaining the
old ones. we (or at least I) can still work with both.
(this applies to old 5.x and 6.x code, not new scripts)

but, fwiw, the primary thing on my wingrass todo list is to verify/resolve
issues around getting python scripts to run reliably with GRASS 6 and msys.
be it via ugly .bat files or however. at least to publish a repeatable
method that folks can follow to get it to work and everything becomes
that much more interchangeable. so far we've got some reports of python
addons on wingrass working, and some that they don't. after that, more
g.extension ...

Hamish

ps- v.rast.stats2 from svn addons should now be working for all