[GRASS-user] WinGRASS: Error when importing GRIB files

Ricardo Filipe Soares Garcia da ricardo.garcia.silva at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 15:02:25 EST 2010

Olá António

On my windows VM, I have an older osgeo4w install, that hasn't got
GRIB support available. Maybe thats your problem as well? Run the
command

gdalinfo --formats

through the osgeo4w shell. Look for the GRIB format at the output.
If you cannot find a line that says GRIB there, your GDAL doesn't
support it, and GRASS won't be able to read it, as it depends on GDAL.