[GRASS-user] Questions Re. Grass63 and Fedora 13

Terry Duell tduell at iinet.net.au
Sat Oct 2 19:49:34 EDT 2010

Hullo All,
I am back again, after many years away from GIS and Grass.

I have installed Grass 6.3 (from the fedora repository) on a fedora 13
x86_64 system. I would have liked to have tried 6.4 but at this stage no
one has a 6.4 package available for fc13 and I avoid installing anything
unless it is via the package manager.

I have yet to get back up to speed, but my initial experiences using the
North Carolina sample dataset, indicate that there may be some display
problems with my installation. Raster display is incredibly slow. I was
seeing Much faster rendering of raster maps back in the days of Grass3 and
Grass4.
Is this a known issue with 6.3, or the fedora package?

I have some datasets from Grass4 and Grass5, and have tried to access them
but Grass63 doesn't appear to recognise them as legitimate datasets. Can
someone please point me to advice on how I might access this data?

Well done to all who help with the Grass development.

Cheers
--
Regards,
Terry Duell