[GRASS-user] 3D spatial query

Anna Hodgkinson anna.hodgkinson at thehumanjourney.net
Thu Oct 7 08:07:04 EDT 2010

Dear list,

I am new to both this list and GRASS< so please bear with me.

What I would like to achieve is a 3D "spatial query".

I have a 3D points vector layer (imported from a shapefile) which represents archaeological finds data. In addition to this I have volume layers (3D rasters) for individual deposits.
I would like to select and either extract or update the finds data according to deposit, but cannot find a command that does this.

I have managed to successfully run v.what.rast - but then realised that this only works in 2D.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks and all best,

Anna

--
Anna Kathrin Hodgkinson MA MSt (Oxon) AIFA EES
Supervisor Geomatics

Oxford Archaeology: Exploring the Human Journey
Mobile: +44 (0)7906 638308 (personal)
Switchboard: +44 (0)1524 541 000
http://thehumanjourney.net

--