[GRASS-user] GRASS GIS

azadeh farjadnejad azadehfarjad at gmail.com
Sat Oct 9 02:28:38 EDT 2010

Hi,

I am a software developer and I am working on a forestry application
involving remote sensing, 3D spatial modeling and image analysis for
processing full-waveform airborne laser scanner (or lidar) data.

I am looking for a high performance open source library for that.

I want to know

1- Can I use* *GRASS GIS *libraries *to develop my own application?
2- Do I have any limitation to choose any programming languages if I only
want to use GIS libraries to develop my application?
3- What if I use Windows platform. Do I still have the capability of using
libraries with the same performance and speed?
4- Is there any other open source libraries you may recommend specifically
for remote sensing, 3D spatial modeling and lidar data?

Thanks.
I look forward hearing from you.