[GRASS-user] Re: Which version is advisable - SVN or stable, Unable to locate Tk includes

Chethan S chethanuniversal at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 04:57:48 EDT 2010

Greetings!

Which version is advisable - SVN or stable
I took Mr. Neteler's suggestion and now have GRASS GIS 6.4.1svn(2010)
running. Also I could start the R package from within GRASS.2.

Unable to locate Tk includes
Mr. Martin's suggestion definitely works. However I found an effective
answer to such issues from "ask ubuntu" where I had posted the question
http://goo.gl/82LE. I was suggested to install "apt-file" tool which enables
one to search for missing files easily using "apt-file search* filename*"
command. This suggestion proved to be very effective as I could solve some
more missing file problems. Hope this will help GRASS users facing similar
problems in future.

Thanks and regards,

Chethan S.