[GRASS-user] Use of r.mode

Monica Buescu monicabuescu1985 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 10:03:48 EDT 2010

Hi Mich
Thanks for the reply. I think it has worked but everytime I try to open, my
winGRASS goes "bananas".
Just to sum what I have done
1- Import a xyz ASCII file that is a float with a range of [166297.00 -
20855944.0] (not all values are used) and Rows:         4655 ;Columns:
 4520  .
2- I did r.mapcalc int() to this file that gets the range of [166297
 20855944].
QUESTION: can I apply int to a FLoat with values as big as this?
3- I did r.mode base=int_base coverage= 11073_B at PERMANENT (it's a
high-resolution image) output=output1

Ok it runs (it takes some time as expected)
Thern if I try to display it freezes... Even If I just try r.info output1 it
also freezes.

Any thoughts aboutt this? (Thanks Micha)