[GRASS-user] g.extension (e.g. to install i.landsat.toar)

Nick Jachowski njachowski at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 10:20:08 EDT 2010

I'm trying to get the grass add-on i.landsat.toar to work using g.extension,
and I've had many problems.  I had been trying it on opensuse 11.3 and I
installed various versions of grass from source, but they all had problems
and did not work.  I've almost given up, and now I am running grass on
poseidon linux (ubuntu base) which came preinstalled with Grass 6.4ORC5.  My
question is: what is the easiest, most pain-free way to get g.extension to
work?  What linux flavour should I be using (and is 32-bit or 64-bit
better)?  Which GRASS version number?  Do I need to install from source?

If I can't get g.extension to work properly are there any workarounds such
as running it as bash script?